Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Memorial Day Weekend 2006

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend 2006

What a great weekend!

It started out on Friday night. We had our first life group meeting for Crosslife Church. It was a get-to-know-you type fellowship at Kelly and Shawn O'Brien's house. Tonnie and Brett were there as well as us and Ken and Tonya Vice. All of the kids were there except mine. I had asked my parent's to watch them for us since ours are the smallest and I wanted to be able to enjoy it without frustration. We ate and played Win, Lose, or Draw and Scene-It. We laughed so much! I even came away with a few recipes (one of my new passions, apparently!). We stayed so late, that my kids spent the night at my parent's house.

Saturday morning, Hank and I slept in... on my word, it was heavenly!! I think I slept until nearly 10! Oh my! Then we got up, picked up a few things for my mom and Wal-Mart and headed over to her house to spend the day at the pool. Turns out everyone had that idea! We ended up spending the day with Tonnie and Brett and their munchkins and Kelly and Shawn and their girls. It was fun! We made it home by 4 so that I could make Chicken Spaghetti for Eric (Bomba) and Jennifer. Eric was moving into the home they just purchased. It's about 3 minutes from our house, so we wanted to welcome them to the neighborhood and help them out with whatever we could. So we spent the evening with them. We got home and bathed the boys and crashed!

Sunday morning, we started off early. We were out the door to church by 8:30. We helped get everything set up and then had a phenominal service (as usual!). Tommy is teaching on Spiritual Gifts and being equipped. After church, Tres and Luke (my sister Tonnie's little boy) came running up to me and asked if Luke could come home with us. So we had lunch at McDonald's and let them run off some energy. Then we came home and let them run off some more in the sprinkler in the back yard, bouncing in the bounce-around, and playin in the little pool. My dad came and picked up Luke about 5 and Tres begged to go with him. So Tres went. Hank, Bry, and I spent some time out back (I just love my swing!)... then we bathed Bry and loaded up to do our grocery shopping. By the time we finished with that, it was after 10, and Tres had already crashed and my parent's house.

Today, we got to Mom and Dad's and had a late breakfast with everyone. Then we spent a couple of hours at the pool. Then we got the boys down for rest time while Mom and I got everything ready for the big meal. We had steaks, pork tenderloin, baked potatos, pineapple casserole, texas potato casserole, baked beans, salad, deviled eggs, strawberry cobbler, saucy chocolate cake, and bread. Man was it good! After that we all headed slowly back out to the pool for another couple of hours. We're at home now. Both boys in bed and ready to crash ourselves!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I am glad you enjoyed the saucy fudge pudding cake. I felt nervous too when I put it in the overn. It just looks like a pan full of brown water. It is so darn good though, isn't it?

7:27 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

why do I know the name Ken Vice? It just sounds so familiar! He didn't live in Tuscaloosa at one time, did he?

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home