Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: My Dad's Birthday

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

My Dad's Birthday

My Dad's birthday was March 30. And since we were heading out of town for the weekend directly following that, I invited my parents over to our house to grill out. I did good on the prep stuff. Got shrimp marinated and chicken strips. Mom supplied some steaks. And once everyone was on their way, I went outside to light the grill. So, I'm not usually the one that heads up the grill crew at our house. Hank walked me through getting it lit. I'm not dumb... I've just never done it! Well, I got the gas turned on and was trying to get the pilots on both sides lit, so I was bending down and looking in the grill. All of sudden, a huge whoosh of fire-air comes out of the grill and smacks me in the face! It scared the crap out of me! But I was fine. The night was fun. My boys show off anytime we have guests, and my parents are no exception! The bad news is... I burned a few of the steaks. The good news is that everything else turned out great and we had enough food to feed an army! The weird news is that my eyelashes on my right eye (if your looking at me) are super short thanks to the whoosh of fire air! :) So much fun to put on mascara now. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home