Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

We made it back from Knoxville. It was a long trip. We left out Friday morning and traveling 4 1/2 hours, only to get to the hotel room (located in a nowhere town called Kingston) and wait for the rest of the family for 4-5 hours. We took the boy sto McDonalds and let them play until it was too cold. Then we found out where the closest Wal-mart was (about 20 minutes away!) and spent some time in there just playing around. Then we went back to the hotel, got the boys bathed, and let them watch cartooms until their cousins got there. We let them stay up late so they could have some fun.
The next day, we got everything loaded back up and headed over to the church (this is the church where Hank's aunt attends). From what Hank says, the service was nice. I ended up in the 'child room' with Bryant (the whole time) and Tres (the last half of the service). Mr. Boemer read some passages during the service... it was a responsive prayer. He would read and then the congregation would say, "Lord hear our prayer." Hank said that it had gotten quiet after the congregation responded, and Tres said really loud, "Lo-ward hear our pray!" Then he kept telling Hank that the man on the cross wasn't God... he was JESUS! So needless to say, he ended up with me! :) We had lunch with the family then hit the road back home. Since we will be in Nashville this weekend, we didn't want to stay gone too long.

Well, it seems like everyone has heard about my song making it to the top 10 of the 2006 Song of the Year. Darryl Holcombe at the Amen Corner knew... there's no telling how. And several other people I wouldn't have expected to know. I had several people (and not just any people... people who would know) tell me that the GMA's are associated with the Dove Awards somehow. I'm gonna try and look into that a little more. I asked a songwriter I know what his advise would be. He told me not to forget my words! :)
I went shopping today. I had some credit from returning a few things at Christmas. I wanted to get a pink shirt to go under a long black jacket I have that has pink pinstripes that I want to wear this weekend. I found a cool one a sale at Macy's. I also got a pink suide jacket that will look cool with jeans. So much pink, I know! Crystal would be proud!
It's been a little hectic with volleyball and work and funerals and stuff, so I probably won't post again until this weekend and I'll let you all know how my song did! Please pray!

Oh, I forgot to tell you that Hank got a speeding ticket on the way to the funeral! I can't say anything though. He was doing 73 and we DID NOT see where the speed limit changed, but apparently it was 50 on the freeway. So now we have a ticket to pay for! "Lo-ward hear our pray!"

5 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

That's this weekend? Oh my gosh! It's so soon! I'm glad you chose PINK. It's a good happy color. That does make me very happy! :) Oh, Jamie I am going to be praying so hard.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

DITTO!!!!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm laughing out loud again! I want to meet your kids. They sound like such a riot!
I thought the GMA's are the Dove awards? Maybe I'm wrong. Good luck!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

The Real Nicole is very excited for you and I know you'll do fine!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home