Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: God is Right Handed...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

God is Right Handed...

So follow me on this one, okay?

I go to a wonderful church that has a really uplifting, God-centered, fulfilling worship ministry/experience.

That ministry is spearheaded by some talented people.

Those talented people have produced an incredible worship CD, called You Shine. (Available at http://www.churchatchapelhill.com)

I have been thoroughly enjoying my time in the car with God lately. The songs really reflect a heart intent on praising God.

One of the tracks is a recitation of Psalm 63. Since the first time I heard it, it has resonated with me. Every day I listen to it, I feel God brings to my remembrance more and more things to be thankful for.

And, to be real, this has been a tough couple of months for our family. So, just about every time I listen to that Psalm, you can pretty much count on the fact that I will be close to tears by the end.

The lady who does the reading, has a very melodic voice... in fact at the end of her reading of the verses, it sounds like she is gonna start singing. So her vocal inflection, has had this line stuck in my head... "I cling to you; Your strong right hand holds me secure." (Ps 63:8 NIV)

And I got to thinking today why the David felt the need to indicate which of God's hand was holding me secure... cause I figure neither of God's hands is weak! My thought is this, David wanted to be super sure that we understood that God is stronger and bigger and wiser and more on top of any problem we could ever fathom. And since the majority of people are right handed, their right hand is generally stronger.

Anyway... nothing really hard core or theologically astute to back it up, but that is how I see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home