Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: My Kids Are Cuter Than Your Kids!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

My Kids Are Cuter Than Your Kids!

Just accept it! ha! I know a bunch of parents who probably bristled a little when they read that. Well... what kind of Mom would I be if said, "Your kids are so much cuter than mine?" I mean, I have good looking genes showing up in some little people... just sayin'.

Anyway, this past weekend was CAH-RAZY busy, but so much fun! By Friday afternoon, we had rounded up all the pieces to this years choices for Halloween costumes. Like I said, this year was the year of imagination and not spending.


Tres decided to be a GI Joe/Army man this year. He had a camo shirt (given to him by uncle Matt and aunt Kayla) and we borrowed the hat from the next door neighbor. The jacket is the centerpiece, because this is my father-in-law's jacket from his years in service. It has the name 'Boemer' on it.

Bryant is rocking his Alabama football player look. We couldn't find a football helmet to borrow, but he was content to wear a baseball cap. And we had a regular football for him to carry, but he just HAD TO carry to old beat up, chunks missing out of it, Nerf football. We put this together with a hand me down Alabama jersey, some old baseball pants and cleats, and some black electrical tape under his eyes (cause he would NOT do make-up!).

Sophie's must-have Fireside Girl costume took the most creativity. I must now stop and give props to my wonderful husband! When Ava Sophia began making her demand for this costume, I just tried to divert her to one of the many costumes she currently has in her room. But Hank always catches the vision... so with an orange t-shirt, a khaki skirt, a $1 toboggan from Wally World, an old t-shirt, and Hank's old boy scout patches... Voila! We had to stretch out the toboggan by getting it damp and letting it dry on a plate. Then I made a quick bow and hot glued that bad boy on. So... Whaaaaatttcchhhha Dooooo-in'?

On Saturday we got up and did some work around the house and garage. I had found a drop-down attic access with stairs at a garage sale for $40 and Hank and Mr. B had installed it several weekends ago. We got some of the attic floored, so we transferred bin after bin of clothes, memorabilia, and collectibles into the attic. Fun, fun! And I spent a little time cleaning the house cause my parents were coming to visit. I headed to our church's Saturday night service and Hank took the kids to a local trunk or treat and to Publix to trick or treat.



My Moment of the Weekend, had to be seeing my little costumed family file into church to hear me sing on Saturday night. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

My parents rolled in around 1 am, and we immediately went to bed! Cause we were up and running Sunday morning! Church at 9 & 10:45, then a quick lunch at (where else when my boys see my parents) Outback.

Then I had to leave early and head over to volleyball try-outs for the new club organization I am working with. So I was there until 7 pm... squealed back into my neighborhood at 7:30 and jogged up to where Hank and the kids were in the neighborhood! Here are a few shots that my wonderful husband (who knows his wife loves to blog) took for me!


5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I love Sophie's costume. Great work by you and Hank!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Loved all the costumes. Chloe was just the opposite of Sophie- I had fixed up a Lady bug costume for her, had my mother in law sew it to fit and was ready to make her into the cutest little lady bug you ever did see- and then she wanted to wear her Cinderella Barbie Dress. So that is what she did. Oh well- maybe next year she will be the Lady bug princess for ME.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jenn Hudson said...

Sophie's costume...adorable!! Girl knows what she wants. spunky. i think that's one of God's favorite personality designs! And the boys look like every moment is a fun filled adventure for them.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Good job!

4:24 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Well, I can't say that your kids are cuter than mine....BUT my goodness, Jamie, they are adorable!!!! You definitely have some great looking genes running in your family. I found the picture of Tres walking around Publix with what looks like a machine gun especially comical and Bryant couldn't get any more family oriented with his choice. As for Sophie, you couldn't get any closer to a fireside girl. You have a beautiful family!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home