Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Ava Sophia ~ 2 Years Old

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Ava Sophia ~ 2 Years Old


Where to start with our tiny dancer? Ava Sophia completed our family 2 years ago at 10:34 am. She is full of life, makes us laugh often, and while she gives us our fair share of frustration, the good far, far outweighs the bad! Here are a few things we want to remember about our Sophia Girl!

~ She gives her Daddy an equally enthusiastic welcome when he comes home from work... just as enthusiastic as her brothers
~ She calls her brothers, "my boys"
~ She has a horrendous fake laugh... well, here, check it out for yourself... I mean it's bad, but it makes us laugh just the same

~ She runs really funny... most of the time with her arms straight at her sides
~ She gets very, very serious when she is trying to tell you something and she can't get us to understand.
~ She has an EXTENSIVE vocabulary for a two-year-old
~ She gets on to Tres a lot
~ She tattles on Bryant even more
~ She is most happy when both of 'her boys' are playing with her!

~ She is very possessive of anything she likes... she will say, "Dis is me my toy!" ~ She can count to 5, and when she feels like it all the way to 11. And 11 is her favorite number to throw in randomly! :)
~ When she is done performing a trick, like counting, she will bow her head, close her eyes, and say "Tank you much!"
~ She has no fear. And this scares us.
~ If you are not paying attention to her while she is talking to you, she will physically turn your head with her little hands.
~ She is so very stingy with her kisses... but every now and then she will give you a kiss for no apparent reason, and those kisses are so very sweet!
~ She loves baby dolls and Barbies (or 'Darbies' in her world)
~ She can get entranced in Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go, or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in a split second.
~ She loves to dress up and look 'pitty'
~ She makes me paint her fingernails and toenails about once a week (between you and me... it really isn't a hardship!)

~ Her favorite 'pincess' is Ariel and she loves to play in the pool like she is Ariel or Flounder and I am Ursela
~ I like that she calls Sleeping Beauty 'seeping cootie'
~She got her ears pierced and her first pair of earrings shorly after Christmas. In Spring, she lost one, and I was able to wrestle another one in that ear... but it took nearly 3 months to get the other one out and the matching earring in!



~When I made a list of things I wanted to remember about Soph at age 1, and posted it here with pictures, she was wearing the same tutu outfit... which brings me to my next point! She is little for her age and we love it!
~ Her nicknames are 'Itty Bitty,' 'Tart 'n' Tiny' 'Sophia,' 'Sophie,' and 'Sophie Girl.'
~ She is strong willed and stubborn, and while I know those will be admirable traits as she gets older, they are tough to overcome at 2!
~ She is learning her colors now! She doesn't get them right all the time, but she tries!

Okay... that's about it for now... if you have something about her you would like to add, please feel free to do so in the comments section! There is so much and it's hard to remember it all!

Happy Birthday, Itty Bitty! I don't know what we would do without you. You bring fun, chaos, and laughter and we absolutely adore you.

PS She loves her daddy, but she's still a Momma's girl! :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Happy Birthday baby girl.......I thought about you today- and your mommy too!!!

9:01 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

That video is hysterical! And I was laughing for real. :)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Sophie!!!!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe our babies are 2.

Also- that video is the best. Jackson has a laugh that I love I need to record it too!

And Jackson ALSO likes to pull my face to make me look right at him if I am not giving him the attention he seeks. He likes to get my eyes focused on him forehead to forehead and then he laughs.

Love the update on Sophie Girl. I have loved watching her grow into your house of boys! I know she has added the PINK that you needed! She will be forever your little girl, and I pray that your relationship will always be CLOSE and that you will forever have a bond with her. That even on her wedding day she will be asking you to paint her nails or hold her!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Okay, Staci, you just made me cry... seriously!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home