Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Speed Limit Change

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Speed Limit Change

So just when I thought we were gonna slow down and settle into a routine of cleaning, school, and volleyball, my Dad came over to help us convert our storage room in the basement into a new bathroom and a proper laundry room. This is a view of the room from the garage area. This door will be sheetrocked over.

When we first moved into this house, over a year ago, the laundry was in the kitchen. My dad helped us then move our laundry out into our garage area and convert the space in the kitchen into my pantry! I love my pantry... so big and full of storage opportunities! But this is how my laundry has been for a year now...It's functional, but not pretty! :)

Now, the entrance to the laundry room has been cut through the family/toy/office room. We've spent the weekend rearranging shelves and sorting toys (again...and I'm sure again soon, too).

On Friday, one of Dad's supply houses delivered a tub and shower unit and my Dad got it in place and did all kinds of plumbing stuff that we don't need to understand as long as we know it works!

We also spent part of the weekend gathering materials for the bathroom and laundry... you know: tile, doors, vanities, etc.

Here's how it's gonna look:



I'm excited! Now we won't have to trek upstairs to go potty and when company comes over, they have their own bathroom instead of having to share one with a 6, 4 and 1 year old.

I am blessed to have a plumber daddy!

So instead of slowing down to Light Speed, we are now at Warp Speed 5. Going slow is for slackers, right? Sigh.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Looks like it is going to be nice! I will have to come over just to use the new bathroom?! :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Oh Jamie...I'm so excited for you! I know you have been wanting this since you moved in...Over YEAR ago!!! Shut up! Are you serious? I'm with Eric, I can't wait to use the new potty! Maybe we can have a potty christening party!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

i wanna come pee in your pot!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home