Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: An Unexpected Opportunity

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

An Unexpected Opportunity

I feel a little jittery... lots of nervous energy! I'm stepping out a little and I'm excited. A door opened to try and start a public speaking (and possibly also a creative writing) class for local homeschoolers. I've spent the last few days frantically finding a place to have it, working on fliers and lesson plans, okaying a class trip to a local television station, and a hundred other little details that made my head hurt!

Now that it's done and circulating, I feel a little nervous. Let me try and explain how I feel. It's like climbing the ladder to the high dive for the first time. You know you want to... or you know you at least want your friends to think you want to... so you climb it slowly, and you stand at the top and look down on the side and see your family and friends watching and waiting. You take a deep breath and a step forward into mid-air! That's me-- Mid-air Jamie! Ha!

It's excilerating and I'm excited! I feel like I'm finding things to make this class fun and exciting, and I can't wait to see what God does with this open door.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

You are going to be an AWESOME teacher. I feel like a PROUD Mama!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Carry Grace said...

Wow! It sounds like a great opportunity! I know you will do well.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You are going to be AWESOME! My headmaster told me when I started teaching to fake it till you make it, they will never know.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

So do you have an answer yet? email me!!!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Matt and Traci said...

That is AWESOME! You will do a wonderful job. We are parying for you!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home