Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: 9 months and growing

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

9 months and growing


So Ava Sophia is 9 months old... or at least she was on May 8th! I was so busy with family vacation stuff, that I forgot to post all of her stats!!

Sophie went to the doctor and we found out that little bit is just that... a little bit! She weighs in at 14 lbs and 3 oz!! BBBUUUTTT... the doctor said that she is healthy and normal and once again used the phrase 'perfectly porportioned!' But all of Hank's side of the family is petite, so that's what we are thinking there.

She is crawling and has been for a while now. She crawls mostly on her arms and one leg. She pulls up on anything she can, and the other day started cruisin' a little! We installed a safety gate at the top of the stairs last night! Here's our little jailbird now! The boys love to sit on the other side of it and taunt her! She wants to be wherever we are, and if we put her down, she just follows us around. Otherwise, she doesn't want me to put her down (thanking God for a petite baby then, I tell ya!).

She nurses 1-3 times a day, depending on her teething right now. And since the pediatrician said she is trying to cut FOUR teeth right now... I'm starting to think about weening her. But we'll see. She only bites occassionally ;/

I told the pediatrician about her dislike for any and all baby foods, and he gave me the go ahead for just about any foods (with the exception of nuts, honey, etc.), and let me tell you... this child eats like nothing I have seen! By her one year appointment, I imagine she will weigh a bit more at this rate!

She loves to splash in the bath or the pool. She went swimming for the first time over our vacation. She loves to play patty cake. She loves to snuggle with stuffed animals, and loves to 'give love.'

She still sleeps pretty good! Most nights she sleeps from about 8:30-9 until 6:30-7 and will then wake up, eat, and sleep some more! She either takes one long nap every day (3+ hours) or two 1 1/2-2 hour naps a day.

Her face lights up when she smiles. Just lookin' at that little girl makes me smile! And her laugh is to die for. She also has a pretty funny fake laugh. She will do it until you stop paying attention.
She loves giving her brothers goodnight kisses and just loves their attention period! They still just love her to pieces and would do anything for her.... share food, toys, kisses... you name it. They may have beef with each other on occasion, but not with little sister!
Tres and Bryant also like to pick out what she is going to wear most days! And if I pick it out, they say, "Well, I didn't pick it, but it's pretty."

There are moments in just about every day, if I'm being real with you guys, that feel very overwhelming and I sometimes wonder if anything worth doing is getting done. But I would never take back my three wonderful, fearfully made, beautiful little distractions!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

she's a cutie thats for sure. thanks for posting

6:46 PM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

She is so cute, Jamie! An adorable little girl! I love those videos of her - that fake laugh is so funny! How sweet that her brothers love her so much.

5:04 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

She's just a tiny bit. :) I'm loving that first picture of her. Sooooo cute!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

What a cutie!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was great meeting you. I love the picture of Sophie kissin you! You look GREAT in that one!

LOL ;-)
How's that low fat working out for ya? Eat any napkins lately?

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home