Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: GA Egg Hunt

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

GA Egg Hunt

My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law don't do anything halfway or half-hearted! So about three years ago, we started having a family egg hunt. It started with I think 300-400 eggs... and has steadily gone up over the years till it was over 700 this year! All of those eggs are plastic and filled with candy... talk about a sugar high!

But... before the hunt could begin, we had to get the kids to wake up (tough to do when they try their best to stay up all night playing!), and let them see what the Easter Bunny brought!They seemed thrilled with their baskets!
Donnie Mac (5) got some Star Wars guys. He is also a Star Wars fanatic!Sophie got a few little things like these linkable rabbits, which were promptly tasted! Then it was time to hunt eggs.All 10 cousins wait to get started! My sister-in-law Jackie made the bags for everyone, cause last year we looked a little redneck with our Wal-mart bags! :)
We divide the cousins into two divisions: the little five and the big five. Very technical, I know. We give the 'littles' about a half minute head start then let the 'bigs' loose! The eggs were pretty much just scattered on the ground! We made sure to hide the prize eggs, but the rest were just first come, first serve. I like this one. It's Hank with his two sisters watching all the action.
Then we all headed inside, because it was a surprisingly chilly morning, and counted up who all had the most and found out who found what prizes! Tres got an I-tunes card (which he gave to his cousins in exchange for Legos), and Bryant found a money egg with $5 in it! It was a blast! And our day didn't end there!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I'm so jealous of your big family. Your kids are so lucky. The picture of baby girl in those eggs is awesome and those bunny jammies she has on....we bought together---ahhhhh.

ok, so stop writing that stuff in there. I'm all about making money to do this but they drive me crazy. I'm sitting on the floor pouting :(

HUGS!!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

send me an email with all your info...everything went away with the pics

12:24 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

AWE!! L O O K!!! One of those eggs {{{{HATCHED}}}!!!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

I love the picture of Sophie in the eggs! I have a similar one of Maryella last year! Very cute!

And oh my! Over 700 eggs! We only had a few hundred more than that at our church egg hunt with nearly 100 kids! I bet they loved getting all those eggs!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home