Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: I fought the law...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I fought the law...

Do you know what I hate? That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you look in your rearview mirror and see flashing blue lights. I was coming home from volleyball practice last week on the interstate and noticed a great deal of people getting pulled over. I tend to be a 'grandma' type driver and had my cruise set on the speed limit, so I thought nothing about it. Until I look in my review mirror and see the dreaded blue lights flashing. Thinking he was after someone else, I pull into the next lane, and he pulls right behind me... so I pulled over! I was confident I had done no wrong!

The state trooper comes over to my window and asks for my license. I asked him what I had done, and he told me I was doing 70 in a 60. I apologized and he let me off with a warning since I haven't had a ticket in over five years.

Now, I can't say the same for my wonderful husband. He had the pervebial lead foot! He got a ticket a couple of months ago, and I thought for sure our insurance was going to drop us, so I did a bit of car insurance shopping. After comparing prices on a couple of auto insurance quotes, I started praying we wouldn't get dropped! They were so high!!

By the way, I went back down that stretch of interstate the next day, and guess what the speed limit was? 70. If he had given me a ticket, I could have fought the law and won! Anyone singing a certain song in their head right now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home