Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: A Christmas Memory

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Christmas Memory

I've been fortunate in my life, I think. I've know very few people that have struggled with addiction problems. I can recall a cousin having a problem with alcohol when I was young. I remember very vividly one Christmas gathering when I was about 10. My cousin had gotten drunk and was involved in a severe car accident. The car he was in had driven up an on-ramp, and drove head-on into a man headed home to his family for Christmas. The man was killed. Also killed as a young lady who was in the car with my cousin. That was a very tense and gloomy Christmas gathering. No one knew if he would live or die... and if he did live, if he would go to jail and for how long. My cousin survived, and I believe he served a short sentence because it was never determined beyong a shadow of a doubt if he had been driving or if the young lady who was with him had been driving. He did have to seek treatment at a drug rehabilitation center. He's doing well now. He met and married a wonderful women and they have three beautiful children. I think getting treatment saved his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home