Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Forever Young

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Forever Young

I can't really believe it... and I know you won't either seeing as how I'm unbelieveable young looking :)... but I just turned 30. With really very little fanfare. I spent the day being loved and reminded of how very blessed I am. One of my favorite memories of the day would have to be when my little boys gave me my gift. A ring. Now to some it might be a simple, silver, and cubic zirconium ring. But to me, it will always be a reminder of the look of love and adoration in a little boy's blue or brown eyes. They chose it for me. Just for me, and I love it. And, this photo is another birthday present from my wonderful husband, who knows that I would want to capture the moment forever and took the time and effort to have the digital camera ready. Tres told me that he 'just knew' that I 'had to have' diamonds for my birthday. And he told me that I needed three since I had three 'kids.' I'm training him up right, ladies!
That night, we got all of my family together at my parent's house for a birthday celebration. Mom made lasagna and we had cheesecake for dessert. They put black candles on it! Come on... I'm 30... not retiring! :) Then they served it up on leftover Christmas plates... I thought it was funny! I guess when you get old like me, you don't need pomp and circumstance, huh? I had so much fun laughing and talking with my family, that I only ended up taking a few pics. And guess who those were of? You guessed it... my kids! Go figure.

Can you please tell me how come I still remember taking this picture like it was yesterday... and that was 15 years ago.Photo courtesy of my old college roommate and friend, Amy Lee... also pictured. We were quite a pair. I am wearing a purple windsuit... and let me just tell you that it was highly fashionable back in the day. I am also rockin' a serious perm, people with some pretty hideous bangs! No wonder I didn't date much in high school!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lee said...

Happy birthday Jamie! 30 really isn't too bad, you know. Oh, and I knew I shouldn't have sent you that picture!! Ha! How funny we look! You know, I think we might need to work on bringing side ponytails into the 21st century, what do you think? ;o)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I really love the first pic of you and the boys...your makeup, hair, and outfit look awesome. You are such a gorgeous woman...it makes me want to go spruce up a bit now (;

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home