Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: April Fool's Day Prank!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, April 02, 2007

April Fool's Day Prank!

This year, Hank and I decided to play a little prank on his family and my family. We were with his family on April first in Newnan, GA (where his sister Betsy and her family live) to celebrate Easter together and do an egg hunt with all the kids. Just after we said the blessing over lunch, Hank got everyone's attention for an announcement. We told them that we had been waiting to tell them something until we were all together... that we were having twins! Jaws dropped around the room, and gasps and 'oh my goodness' could be heard all over. I think we had everyone fooled for a minute, but Betsy called our bluff and we all had a good laugh!

After we got back from Newnan on Sunday evening, we decided to pull the same prank on my parents. So we called and asked them to dinner. While we were waiting on our meals, we told them that we had something we wanted to tell them. We told them it was twins... but added that they were boys (which is an inside joke, because there is only one granddaughter on my family's side). My mother sat there, mouth open, with a blank stare for a full minute. My dad got really excited and kept asking me if we were telling the truth. I was trying to avoid an out and out lie so I quickly teared up and that got him REALLY believing us! Hank did a great job acting completely overwhelmed. We had them going for a full ten minutes. Then my dad looks at Tres and says, "Did you know your Momma is gonna have two more brothers for you?" To which Tres said, "Na-uh!" and holds up one finger. Hank then leaned over and whispered to Tres who then looked at my Dad and said, "April Fools!" It was priceless! You have to understand that my Dad is the world's biggest prankster! It was so fun to finally get him good!

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Oh Man! That would have been awesome to have on video.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

We actually did get part of it when we told his family! Hank is going to work on it, so I can get it on here!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

That is stinkin' HILARIOUS!! I would have to to have been a fly on the wall. hahahahahahaha

10:57 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I couldn't have done a better prank than that. Your family is always so much fun to hear about!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home