Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Wolf Camera

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wolf Camera

For Christmas, Hank and I decided to get two 8x10's of our favorite wedding picture blown up from the negative. Well, we couldn't do it from just anywhere, and had used Wolf Camera before for this. So we took the negative in THREE WEEKS before Christmas. I left my cell phone number as the contact number, knowing how hectic the holidays are. They told me at the time, that they would be in in time for Christmas. Well, apparently they took longer, and no one bothered to call and let us know. Christmas came and went. The week after Christmas I called, and was put on hold, and then told rather abruptly that I needed to call back in 3 days since the holidays would put everything behind. So I called after the New Year... twice... with similar responses. "The holidays back everything up." "Call back in a few days." "We'll call you when they are in."

I called today and asked immediately to talk to the manager. I explained calmly and politely everything that had transpired. When I gave him my name, he says, "Oh, I remember those." Then he checks on them, and says, "They've been in since January second. It took some additional time at the printer because of some trouble with the negative. But everything is in and ready. It's $13.99." I just sat there not knowing what to say for a minute. If they didn't have my negative, I would have told him he could hang those pictures in his house for all I care, but I wasn't paying for them. I guess my pause made him feel uncomfortable and he started looking for excuses, "There are initials here where someone indicated they tried to call you." I told him that I had given my cell number and that I had not missed a call from them (since by now I have their number memorized) nor had I received a voice mail. I told him that I would be in to get them as soon as I could, and that, frankly, the whole experience had left a sour taste in my mouth. He told me to ask for him when I pick them up. I never once got frustrated or raised my voice, but I did want to let him know that the level of service was not acceptable. And I do hope I get a discount.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

GET EM GIRL! I was just saying to someone the other day that people who have jobs that deal with the public have forgotten that lesson of the customer's always right. I experience way too many attitudes lately in the check out line and I would like to be greeted before I hand over my money!!!

1:45 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I hope you get them free!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home