Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: This Old House

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

This Old House

Hank and I made the decision last week to get our house ready to sell. So we made a list of things we need to do. It's full of the little things that we keep meaning to do, but never get to. So we started on the list today. We painted some outside trim that had been overlooked by the builder years ago. Hank caulked up some cracks from the house settling. He fixed our back storm door. He worked on the tracks of two big drawers we have that hold tupperware. And he patched some places in the wall that the boys have lovingly christened. I also tried to get some of Bryant's artwork off the doors, with little success. And I tried to scrub at our driveway where we have some oil leak spots. It looks a little better, but I think we need a pressure washer to really see a difference.

I also made time today to go and see a friend of mine at Brookwood. She had just had a little girl named Madeline Claire. She is so tiny and precious! She had so much hair she was already wearing a bow! I took Tres with me, cause he wanted to see what a baby sister looked like! He was quiet and sweet and never once touched the baby. I wish I had remembered my camera! Oh, well.

Now, I'm bone tired and ready for my boys to drop so I can. Oh! And I signed up for Freecycle. I gave away some VHS tapes and some clothes. It felt very liberating!

4 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

I wouldn't know where to begin if I had to sell my house! We just bought it last January. I'm just now getting use to it being "ours"- I'm sure the day will come when I sell it- I will talk to you then about what to do. LOL.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

oh yeah- I love freecycle. I put a "WANT" on there today- for an XL dog kennel. Our dalmatian is trying to get into our small kennels- she's actually gotten into two of them so far- its so funny. I hope someone has one out there for me!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I am so excited you are expecting and I hope everything goes as smoothly (or better) than Bryant's labor. Where do you guys plan to move! Although I hate you guys not being there anymore (soon) I am so excited you are moving to bigger and better things...God BLESS!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Better go ahead and do them now b/c when you start getting contracts in on your house people will be asking for all sorts of things to be done. We put our house up for sale when I was pregnant with the boys and I thought it would never sale. Poor Matthew had to do all the work towards the end... he even packed us.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home