Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Thank You Santa!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Thank You Santa!

We had a wonderful Christmas! We spent it laughing and eating and even crying at times. After my grandparent's anual party, we went back to Mom's house and unwrapped our Christmas Eve gift (pajamas). Then we loaded them in the van and drove around looking at lights until they were konked out... roughly 15 minutes later! Then we headed back to my parent's house and got them in bed.
After they were snug and snoring, we went and pulled all the 'Santa' presents out and put the under the tree and arranged a few unwrapped ones in front. I helped Mom finish her wrapping too. Then Hank and I made chocolate trains. This was a special one. Tres had it on his list, but we couldn't find one anywhere! So Hank looked online and found a place that made molds for candy and ordered one for trains. It was fun, but we didn't get in bed until 1 am! :) And we were up before the kids at 7 am so that we could get cameras ready! By 8 my brother, Matt and his wife Kayla were there with their one-year-old Tyler so I went up and woke them up.

Tres was so funny!! I leaned down and whispered "Someone must have been good!" And his eyes flew open... He sat up straight and started shaking Bryant!! "He came! Santa came Bryant! Come on!" That boy has two settings, asleep or awake... so in-between for him. I carried a very groggy Bry downstairs, and by the time we were there, he was wide-eyed and ready for action! We were truely blessed this year.

Hank got:

DVD camera (from my Mom & Dad)
Watch (from me)
David Crowder CD (from Tres)
boxers (from Bry)
PC headphones with mic
1 gig memory card for digital camera
clippers
clothes

Jamie got:

shelf
diamond necklace and earrings (from Hank!!)
6 qt. crockpot
Yahtzee (from my boys)
socks (from my boys)
'girl fabric'- small squares of disney princess fabric that Tres insisted I needed! :)
perfume
guitar (from my parents!!! Watch out music world! Here I come!)

Tres got:

toys
toys
toys
Gamecube (from my mom & dad)
games
clothes

Bryant got:

toys
toys
toys
HUGE firetruck (from my mom & dad)
Buzz toys
clothes

It was a very meaningful Christmas. It was never far away that Jesus was the reason for this time of year. Tres kept telling me that it was Jesus's birthday, and then he would tell me, "We are made just like Jesus, Mom." I think we are finding a good balance between Santa and the reason we celebrate every year!

I will do a picture slideshow soon... I don't know where are the pics are!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

I had alot of fun at christmas i bet that u had the best christmas ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

sweet... i think its really neat that you all stayed at your parents house for Christmas.

we were going to bake Jesus a birthday cake but I didn't have a cake pan! When we told Darcy it was Jesus' b'day she immediately said "birthday cake!"

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

watching & waiting...

8:53 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Happy NEw Year!

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home