Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Random Things

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Random Things

I went to the Southern Women's Show with my mom, sister, and niece today. It was fun... crowded but fun. Sierra loved watching the Doggy Fashion Show! I think she would go back tomorrow if she could! She loved it! I got Hank a Christmas present. It's not much, but he and I never do too much for one another. We typically make sure everyone else is taken care of before we spend on each other.

We got a 'new to us' van this week. It's a 1998 Mazda MPV. It's really cute, and in good condition. So we are going to be selling our '96 Town and Country. Hopefully we'll get a decent amount for it. It would be nice to have a little more savings! We will also be selling Hank's '98 corvette. It's been garage kept most of its life, and it is in great condition.

We are still waiting to hear from a couple of the jobs that Hank has applied for. That is nerve wracking. He applied for a job at the University of Alabama at the Bryant Museum. They called and asked to see some of his work on tape. So that's a good sign.

I have a question... do you guys ever feel like you are in a slump? I mean... I love being at home with my boys, and no day is like another with them. But sometimes, I feel like I'm just not doing enough... or being enough for my family. I don't know why, I just feel slightly below average right now. I'm not throwing a pity party... I'd just like to know if I'm alone or not!

5 Comments:

Blogger dana said...

No, you are not alone. I have never been that real on my blog cuz I thought all you other mom's never felt the way I do. I know just what you mean though. Sometimes I feel I fail in comparrison to other mothers and what is best for my kids. I try, I just never feel like it is enough. I know....

7:57 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

nope not alone..

7:03 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

WOW you echo my feelings as we speak. With the hectic schedule my family is pulling right now between church, work, and school I feel like the most terrible mom, especially since I've been needing the extra zzzz's

8:41 AM  
Blogger native-nc said...

You're definetly not alone. We actually discussed this at our MOPS meeting this Monday. The fact is that God has BIG plans for us & that he gives us the desires of our heart one step at a time.

There is so much more that I have to say about this but I can't right now. So I hope that the above actually makes sense.

No, you're not alone.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

not alone... but luckily those moments don't last long! don't worry you'll snap out of it!

We're (me and the other mommies) going to try and make pump it up a once a month thing... next time i'll have to remember to call you!!!!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home