Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Did I Tell You The Story of My Boys and Their New School?

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, October 04, 2010

Did I Tell You The Story of My Boys and Their New School?

When we first moved into our new home, the real estate listing showed that my boys would be attending one school, and we found out from neighbors that they were attending another. I wasn't really sure what to thing. Both schools had good scores on greatschools.net. But the one I originally thought they were attending is newer and bigger. And the one that we are zoned for was smaller and a little older. So when we went to the Open House, I was slightly hesitant.


But both boys were so excited about their classes! Their teachers were so kind and welcoming. And I learned at Open House that this little school has a private school feel and some serious expectations for my kids to meet!

We also learned that both boys had a friend in their class (another way God was telling me He had our backs in this transition).




So the first day came and went with a little bit of fanfare and excitement. And then the homework commenced. Lots and lots of homework. I am happy to say that while they did have a little bit of a struggle with getting up and getting adjusted to a routine... neither boy had to struggle a bit with their homework or what was expected of them at school!

Tres is on a 5th grade reading level... almost 6th grade. He is in the library constantly and brings home different books DAILY! The librarian knows him by name. His teacher recommended him for an enrichment class (to challenge him, since he was getting a little bored). And we have talked to his teacher about testing him for the gifted program! But I think we may hold off on that until next year.

Bryant is our little math whiz! He loves numbers. He reads well, and we work on that daily... but his math he needs little to no help with! I love it! Bryant has to have an adjustment period before he starts to really grow, and I'm thinking it is his time now!

I'm so proud of my kids... can you tell? What a joy!

Thank you Lord for my Tres-Man and Bry... I could not, and would never want to, imagine life without them! Continue to guide them in their education and help me to be the best Mom and cheerleader I can be!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

i don't think i knew this about the school deal... or maybe i did

6:04 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

All very good news.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home