Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: The Day I Breathe

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Day I Breathe

That's what today is for... it's the day Hank comes home and the day I get to finally take a deep breath. Not that I don't get down moments. Once the kids go to bed, I have time. And Sophie doesn't require every bit of my attention when the boys are at school (just most of it!). But those moments are usually filled with cleaning and such.
Over the past three weeks, my sleeping patterns have gotten horrendous. I guess you could call it situational insomnia or something. I find myself jumping at every noise, restless, antsy and craving adult conversation.
Even as I sit here typing and watching snow falling outside, the peace that usually comes with either of those activities alludes me.
When Hank gets here tonight, I know what it's going to feel like. It's going to feel like my entire being had taken a deep breath, and I will nod off early and sleep late. So I'm on a countdown.

And it gets better... Hankie has Monday and Tuesday off. Monday because it's my birthday and Tuesday because he has traffic school. I'm so ready for this. I know we are only a full month removed from all the holiday stuff, but it's tougher than I thought doing this by myself during the week.

This is not a pity party. We know God has us where He wants us. We know that His timing is the ultimate goal. We are waiting and learning to cope.

So here I sit, on the day I get to breathe...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.kidsrealityandmore.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home