Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Brotherhood

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Brotherhood


I am so very proud of my two little guys. I mean, for all intents and purposes, they are supposed to be pushing limits and playing Hank and I against one another during this transition. We've encountered a few issues, but nothing we haven't been able to get under control!

They help me out so much. They help keep their rooms and the toy room clean. They help set the table for meals, they do their homework and take showers/baths when they are told. They put their dirty dishes in the sink and their dirty clothes in the hamper. And they tell me all the time that they love me! They are GOOD BOYS. They are EXCELLENT BOYS! I can not brag on them enough. Not only are they polite, but they think of others.

I was cooking dinner the other night, and asked Tres to please put ice in the glasses. I watched him very carefully choose a Hershey's cup for himself, a Reese's cup for Bryant, and a princess cup for Sophie. Then I watched him switch the ice maker to crushed ice and fill Bryant's cup.... switch it back to cubes and fill his cup. Then he paused and asked, "What kind of ice does Sophie like, Mom?"

We've gotten into a good routine of Bible study and devotion every morning and prayer time at night. I love their prayers... "Please let a little boy's Mom and Dad buy our house cause Daddy needs us to live with him! Amen." "Thank you for my DS and pizza and for my Junie B. Jones book." "Thank you for making mom cook us food tonight."

I remember so vividly finding out I was pregnant with Bry just before Tres's 1st birthday. I cried... and I cried hard. I didn't think I was prepared to split up my love and I didn't know how we were gonna do two and keep on working. But God knew, huh? God knew that these two little boys would balance one another out... one pushes the other to read... one pushes the other to play outside. I love the dynamic between my boys. I love the closeness... and I love that Tres has a letter he wrote for Bryant that says, "You are my best brother."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Awwwwww and you do have sweet boys!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

very sweet post... you do have great kids :) and you're a great mom!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home