Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Friend or Fiend

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Friend or Fiend

I took this down for a while, but am putting it back up. I just feel like I want to know where I've been when I look back at this. My blog. My decision! Love to all.

________________________________________________

Something has been bothering me... bothering me crazy bad... for a while now. Does that ever happen to you?

Here's my problem. At least, I think it's a problem. I really don't know.

A friend won't talk to me. I have apparently done something so God awful that I am to be excommunicated for life. Did I hit on her husband, you ask? Did I abuse her children? Did I talk about her behind her back? No... I did not. I truly have not one single clue as to what happened between us.

Trying to get information from her is like running into an ice burg. Nothing... Nada... zilch... not a thing. Did I try to call? Did I e-mail? Did I hit her up on face book? Yes, to all of the above.

I've cried and prayed and wondered. I've gotten mad, then sad, and finally sulky. My husband has banned me from speaking of the 'incident.' He tells me that trying to guess is only going to drive me crazy. He tells me that a true friend would try to work it out with me.

Here's my conundrum... I want to be a good friend. So do I just give up? Do I just say "Oh, well!" and move on? Because, truthfully, I just don't know that I can do that. I feel like I'm owed an explanation. I don't think that anyone deserves to be written off so thoroughly without knowing what they did and how they could be a better friend, to them or anyone else, in the future.

I thought about not blogging about this. I truly struggled with it. I don't want to air dirty laundry. I'm not trying to get said friend mad. But this is, after all, my blog... right? I still have freedom of speech. And in a year, I want to be able to look back at this and try to figure out what I'm supposed to have learned from all this.

So, I don't do this often, but what do you think? What would you do?

I am the first to admit... hold you breath and get ready to be surprised... I'm not perfect. I try to be a good friend. I want to be the type of friend that I would want to have. I could have done something unknowingly that insulted or hurt this friend. I just want the chance to try and make it right, if it's possible to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Good for you!!!!!! Glad you say what you want on your blog :)

Call anytime!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home