Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Dalmation Mania!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dalmation Mania!

A couple of weeks ago, I did something that I was really proud of!

I got a phone call from a friend of mine, offering the kids and I free tickets to see 101 Dalmatians at the Birmingham theatre. I LOVE going to the theatre! I went when I was a single lady a lot... Phantom, Love Letters, Fame... it was so much fun to get dressed up and go enjoy a night of pure entertainment. And I just knew that my kids would love it every bit as much as me.

I knew it would be a challenge with just me and my kids... and I almost turned down the tickets just for that reason. But I decided to be brave and said thank you very much!

For those of you that really know me... it's no secret that I detest driving in the city. You also know that I take my kids with me just about anywhere... so it wasn't that I was nervous about handling my kids by myself... it was more taking my three most treasured gifts into the place that makes me THE MOST nervous. But I figured with it being a family show, I would probably find a parking area with lots of families.

While we were on our way, I told the kids that we needed to pray for a good parking spot. And then the kids and I went over holding hands, not running away from Mom, etc., etc., etc. When we got to the BJCC, the first lot I pulled into was nearly deserted. So I pulled my happy little butt out of there and found another one. I parked close to the main entrance, and wasn't really sure where were going. I just stayed with the flow of people, and it turns out that we parked directly in front of the entrance way to the play! Thank you, Lord! It's the small victories that mean the most to me.We found our seats and waited for the show to start! We were on the ground level, right next to the doors and near the restrooms.
So we got settled and waited for the show to start. And what better way to pass the time than taking pictures?






There was no photography once the show started (or so the picture police informed us wwwaaaayyyy before the curtain was raised), so we put up our camera and enjoyed the show!

Sophie did great until intermission... and then she wanted up and wanted to walk around. Thankfully, she made friends with the lady usher after intermission and took turns sitting with me and sitting on the stairs with her.

I thought the show was fantastic! I loved Cruella D'evil! She had an amazing voice! And the real dogs doing tricks were a huge hit with the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home