Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Shop Till You Drop!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Shop Till You Drop!

For the past five years or so, my Mom has been a member of the Executive Club at a local high end hotel. Some of her benefits include year round valet parking, and some free nights at the hotel, and other stuff that I can't remember. Anyway, for all of that time, my Mom has booked her free rooms the weekend after Thanksgiving and committed 2-3 days to starting and finishing (for the most part) her Christmas shopping. This year marks the end of the Executive Club for this hotel, so we knew we had to make this one count!

I couldn't go on Saturday (see previous post!), so I made plans to come to the hotel on Sunday without kids... that's right, ladies! You heard me right! Hankie had all three kids overnight without me and did a great job! Thank you, baby for letting me take a little down time.

I woke up on Sunday not feeling very well, but after talking to my Mom and sis, decided to go ahead and come.

Sunday night, we went to Macy's and Pennies cause they were opened late. Then we took that stuff back to the room. We left Mom in the room to recover for the next day (remember she had hip replacement surgery not long ago!), and Tonnie and I headed to Wal-Mart to do some more damage. At about 1 am, we called it a night.

We were back at it on Monday. I knew that Hank was bringing the kids to me at 10, so I was in Belk bright and early checking people off my list! Once I had the kids, we had to juggle a little more, but we still made a lot of headway!

In fact, I left the mall around 6, met Hank to eat dinner, then went back to the mall until about 8:45. Then I had to get the kids and get them in bed.

I finished almost all... and I mean just 2 people short... of my Christmas shopping.

Tomorrow is a wrapping day for me. Crystal Dawn is coming to help! I'm in a countdown to my surgery and I want to have everything prepared and ready for Christmas.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I can't wait! I love me some present wrapping! A day of that & time with Jamie-lee-loo & Miss Sophie can't get better! :)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home