Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: The Speed of Life

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Speed of Life

Well, if this week is any indication of things to come for the year, I may not be blogging as much as normal! Sigh... It's been a bit hectic, but good.

Monday, Tres started back to school, while I struggled to get stuff done around the house with two extra shadows, one of whom wanted me to 'play with him' all the time now that brother is unavailable. I'm doing my best to balance that with not letting our home get completely nasty! On Monday evening Tres started soccer practice. He is extremely excited about his team, the Cobras! There are even three kids on his team from his school, so that helps a lot.Even Bryant enjoyed himself at practice! And when he started getting a little bored, I gave him a photo assignment. I'll have to post some of his assignments soon. They are always interesting.

Tuesday, I had to take Sophie girl to Children's for a sweat chloride test.

Let me explain. When I took her in for her one-year check-up, she was in the twentieth percentile, when her nine month check-up had her in the twenty-fifth percentile. So they wanted to make sure that nothing was amiss medically. And guess what??? Nothing was... she's just an itty bitty bundle of attitude! :)

Two more things were going on Monday and Tuesday. The first was my Dad and Hank began working on remodeling our front bathroom. We now have a new countertop, double vanities with new faucets, and a new paint color.
We plan to tile it soon, frame out the mirror, and add crown molding. Add that to the already updated light fixtures, painted cabinets and new hardware, and I'm pleased to say that our bath is gonna be awesome! The seond was that I began feeling badly.

Wednesday, Bryant and I headed over to his school to Orientation.
I was a little worried that since he had never been in a school situation outside of Tres's experience that he would be a little attached, but he wasn't.
He was excited and eager... breaking my fragile Mom's heart just a little more. I know... it's a bit melodramatic, but it's sort of true. I went to a parent meeting while he met his teacher and classmate. He has been talking about it ever since, and has been telling me about 'planting' a flower in color water. His teacher says it will turn his flower red. Cool, huh?
Then, I had to invest in some new clothes for myself... since I begin teaching my class next week, I want to make a good impression. The plans for my class are coming right along. I am so excited about it and keep coming up with fun stuff that I would like to do, too. The problem will be fitting it all in! Ha!
Also, on Wednesday, my brother turned 29, and we celebrated with a noisy chaotic family dinner that was great! I love those kind! The cupcakes were yummy, and the kids got to ice and decorate their own. But my brother decided to start an icing war and 4 of us (yes, including me) ended up with a face full of strawberry icing! Sorry, I did not get pictures of that. I was too busy defending myself, since my husband was being Matt's accomplice!

On Thursday, Tres had soccer again and then it was straight to Praise Team practice for me.

Friday was catch up day in our house... laundry, laundry, and more laundry. Then when Tres was home, I made a trip to CVS. The CVS's in our area are a test market and are trying out running the adds from Friday to Thursday. I don't like it. It messes up my routine, and it means that if I want a chance at getting the good deals, I gotta go with my kids. Ugh!! It was a frustrating trip. But... this is about $125 worth of stuff for right around $5.50. Then we went to Target... and that's where my frazzled nerves gave up on me. I could not handle corralling two boys overly excited about the weekend any longer. We came home.

Now, we are trying to finish the bathroom and still get in some good family time. I know that Hank plans to take the boys to see The Clone Wars at some point... and I know that I need to exchange some pants for Tres at Belk, but other than that... no set plans.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

at least you aren't bored right? LOL

i haven't been to cvs in 2 weeks! OMG!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

at least you aren't bored right? LOL

i haven't been to cvs in 2 weeks! OMG!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

The whole new CVS thing makes me mad too. I normally run through my ads on thursday and shop on Friday. Well, I can't run through the CVS ad if it doesn't come out until Friday. Hello! Friday is payday. Could they make it any harder on women who shop in the morning?!

4:52 PM  
Blogger RhiDesign said...

Wow! You have been busy! The bathroom looks great and the kids are adorable! Bryant looks so big sitting at that desk!!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Okay so email me the breakdown if you ever get time. I'd really like to know how you got all that stuff for $5. I just don't see how. I have all the coupons, but it would never work to my advantage that way. if you can't do the breakdown, then just email the idea of what you did. Thanks....

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home