Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: The Soph-Olympics!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Soph-Olympics!

THE FOOD:

I got up around 6 am to make her birthday cake from scratch... I made a butter cake with cream cheese icing. Then I put strawberry/marshmellow toppers on it! Everything is gone now... toppers and all.Sophie's one-year-old-dive-into-me-and-get-messy cake! This one I made from a box, but was still fun to decorate!Here's the table. We also had hot dogs for those that were hungry. And we had red and blue juices for the kids to drink.

THE PRESENTS:

The princess of the house got a throne! Isn't it cute??Thank you Aunt Kayla & Uncle Matt! Sophie was wondering what to wear to CVS on Saturdays!Awwww! My baby giving her new baby some love! Gettin' a little help from big brother... check out the look on Sophie's face! Ha!In this picture, she is sporting a dress that Aunt Jennie got her, drinking from a cup that Luke got her, and trying out her new seat that Hank & I got her.

THE FAMILY:

Aunt Tonnie tries to steal my 'cool aunt' title and spreads the love among the two littlest cousins.Kisses are best from Grandmas!My two sisters.My beautiful sister-in-law and the baby with the best smile around, Brody! My brother Matt was too busy splashing all my friends (didn't your mother teach you any manners, young man?) to sit still for a picture!

THE FRIENDS:

My long-time friend Becca, her husband Scott, and their kids Maddie and Caleb came to help us celebrate!My new friend Mandy and her husband Chad brought their two kids, Kayleigh and Patrick. The relationship between Kayleigh and Tres is a whole different post... and I'm saying that so I remember to write about it later!My wonderful friend, Crystal Dawn and her husband Daniel came to the event. Check out the camera around CD's neck... I know she is probably tapping her foot, ready for me to post, so that she can post her pics! She's so polite and waits for me to post first! Thank you Crystal!

The only one I didn't get a picture of before she left was my friend, Kelly! She was pretty taken with my nephew Brody and sat with him for a while, chatted with Crystal and my family, then had to leave for a hot date! :)

THE FESTIVITIES:

Cake time!! Okay... now what am I supposed to do again?You want me to eat with my hands?? But that gets my hands yucky!Ummm... seriously, can you put down the camera and take care of this mess, please?Okay, Okay! I'll try it.Oooo... that's good!She ended up making a pretty good mess of herself! Although she did prefer to be fed instead of feeding herself. Oh! And we think the red icing broke her out a little. She had a red rash on her face for a little while, but it went away with no trouble.

We had several Olympic events planned for the kids... but we should have done the non-pool events first, cause once they got in the pool, they didn't want to get out! They did a goofy diving competition though!

It was a fun day, and a unique way to celebrate our little girl! I can't believe my baby girl is a one-year-old... why, oh why do they have to grow up? I want to know who they will become, but I am so enjoying their baby and child hood stages! Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I LOVE these pictures. The last one of Sophie with the cake face looks like she has on RED lipstick.
Such a Girlie-Girl!

Great job Jamie Leah!

9:22 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

It was great fun! And one delicious cake!!! And a perfect party!
You gotta send me the other pics of D & I! hahaha

12:06 AM  
Blogger Becca Mae said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for having us there. I can't believe our babies are growing up so fast. We are getting so old.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

How stinkin FUN!!

You did AWESOME. Oh how my heart hurts to think that she is one and my baby is not far behind her.....and don't, DON'T get me started on the whole kindergarten thing.

I want some of that cake....work that out for me, ok? So did you still make it to CVS on Sat.? You're a sissy if you didn't!! Kyan breaks out from icing too which will prob. mean she will do the same with many foods getting on her face- another big one for us is ranch dressing. The party looked amazing and how perfect how all of that worked with the date and such.

My mom bought me that same pink chair but we had to take it back cause there was no where to put it.....and I didn't want to store it till she could use it. I love it!

Hugs!!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home