Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: I ask You, Father...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, January 28, 2008

I ask You, Father...

to give me a wise mind and spirit that is attuned to Your will, so I may gain a thorough understanding of the ways in which You work. I desire to live well for You Master, making You proud of me as I work hard in Your orchard. As I learn more and more how You work, I will learn how to do my work. I pray for strength that endures to stick it out over the long haul... It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy.
I thank You, Father for making me strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that You have for me.

Another prayer from Pastor Tommy based on Colossians 1:9-14. I have decided to focus on one prayer a week... to really get in down deep in my spirit. I especially like the "I desire to live well for You..." part and the that prays for strength to "stick it out over the long haul." And I LOVE the part about being "strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful" that God has for me!!!! I like direction. I like to know how to direct my prayers and I like the fact that my pastor gives me 'homework.' Because although I sit down and read on my own, I like knowing that I am in agreement with my church... that I am working towards something that others are working towards also. I think this not only builds me up spiritually as an individual.... I think it builds us up corporately and prepares for days... good and bad... to come.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

AWESOME post!! I love those prayers you have been posting. Keep them coming. Love ya! Vickie

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home