Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Father, Today...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Father, Today...

I give you my everyday, ordinary life-- my sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life-- and place it before You as an offering. Embracing what You do for me is the best thing I can do for You. I choose not to become so well-adjusted to the culture around me that I fit into it without even thinking. Instead, I fix my attention on You. I will be changed from the inside out. I will readily recognize what You want from me, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around me, attempting to drag me down to its level of immaturity, God, You bring the best out of me, and You develop well-formed maturity in me. I will understand myself accurately as I realize who You are and what You do for me.

This is a prayer that Pastor Tommy gave us to pray based on Romans 12: 1-3. This helps me focus my prayers. I have felt such a refreshing lately at church and home, and I just wanted to share part of the reason.

Allowing God to take first place in my life is not easy... but so worth it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger native-nc said...

Thanks for sharing!!! It's great to hear about what God is doing~ refreshing.

Love the couch by the way!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

AWESOME!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Good stuff.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home