Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Chuck E. Cheese HELL...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chuck E. Cheese HELL...

That's right, I said it... HELL!!! Every time I go to that place, something happens that confirms my suspicions that the place is outright cursed. I met a couple of friends there today. Everything was fine inside the restaurant. It wasn't crowded, Tres had fun wasting tokens and then turning in his tickets for cheap, rinky-dink 'prizes.' Ava did great. She loved all the light and noises going on. I mean, it was actually fine inside, but that does NOT change my opinion about the curse. Let's give it an official name, shall we? How about: The Curse of the Mouse? It works.

So Tres turns in his tickets and gets his toys that break the minute you walk out the door, and we head out to the car. We are driving Hank's Camery right now since he drove the van. Apparently, Tres had left his car door cracked or I had left the lights on so can you guess what happened?? The battery had run down. I didn't figure it out until we were already in the car, and apparently the car had just enough of a battery to lock us in before dying. So we were locked in. Not only that, but the driver side door on the Camery needs a new handle, so it broke off in my hand and I literally couldn't get out unless I wanted to crawl across the passenger side which I did not. By this time, I notice that it's starting to sprinkle.

I called my friend, Sherra who was still at Chuck E. Cheese (CEC) and she came and opened my door for me, laughing at me the whole time. She also found a CEC employee who had some jumper cables (because Hank had taken them out of his trunk, along with his roadside kit, to make room for Sophie's stroller).

At first it was me, my friend Sherra, and a female employee of CEC trying to figure out how to jump off my car with Hank walking us through what to do over the phone. Now it's beginning to rain steadily and Tres is crying because he's scared. A nice dad spots us as he's walking his wife and son to their car and comes over to offer assistance. No luck, the car wouldn't turn over. I called my Dad to come get me, and told Sherra to go ahead and leave. As she's leaving, the CEC manager comes out to try for us (blessings on these employees Lord!), so Sherra pulls her car back around and we try again. By now, it's a downpour. I am soaked from head to toe. Sweater, jeans, socks and shoes are soaked. And to top it off, Sophie has now joined Tres's crying song in the backseat. I can see the rest of the days plans literally floating away. Still no luck. So I settle into my car to wait. Dad to the rescue!! By the time he gets there, Sophie is sleeping and I have talked Tres into resting for a few minutes.

My dad gets the car cranked and follows me home where he cleans the battery terminals and tightens them up. And the kids and I crash for a long overdue nap!!

Please, someone remind me next time I mention that cursed place that I need to stay far far away from THE CURSE OF THE MOUSE!!All for the love of one very excited little boy who was thrilled at the idea of having a date with his Mommy at Chuck E. Cheese.Tres took this picture of me while we waited on Dad. I call it 'Drowned Rat.' I was letting take pictures to try to get him to stop crying.Happier now that he realizes help is on the way.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Poor Jamie....That place does seemed to be cursed. Man, I wish I had a car, because I was right up the road from you.

You may be a drowned rat, but you look awful pretty. :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I have never liked that place. Don't know why, just don't!!!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I'm not laughing at you...I'm laughing with you...I HATE car problems!!!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

Oh Jamie! That sounds like a situation I would get myself into. I'm glad your dad was able to come help! Daddy's are great, aren't they? I called mine from Florida a couple years ago because I couldn't get ahold of Jeff and was having car issues (I won't go into it, you'd only laugh). Even from 6 hours away, it was a relief to have help from my Daddy - even if just over the phone!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I would of been crying in the back with Tres!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

and I agree, you still looked pretty as a drowned rat.....GAG!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

why can't you see the slide

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home