Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Bah Humbug! And Auld Lang Syne

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, December 31, 2007

Bah Humbug! And Auld Lang Syne

I took my Christmas Tree down this past Saturday. I needed to know what my living room was going to look like post-Christmas. We are STILL unpacking. I feel like I've been doing it forever, but I know it's only because of the interruptions... traveling, Christmas, etc. I'm ready for 2008. I feel like it's gonna be a year of settling. Settling into a family of 5. Settling into a new home. Hank and I have even made a decision that should bring more income into the house. More on that later.

This year, instead of resolving to loose weight like I always do (I still want to do that, but instead of working at it I just want it to disappear! Ha!), I want to resolve to get things orderly in my life. There are the obvious things I want organized like finishing the unpacking process, having a HUGE yard sale (come one come all in 3 weeks!), and getting cabinet doors on my kitchen cabinets. But I also mean finding a routine for daily devotions, quiet time, and family time with my Savior. Right now, I am ashamed to say that I fit devotions in when and where I can.

The other day, I was witness to a conversation between Tres and my mother that got me thinking.
Tres: Grandma, I know you love Bryant more than me.
Grandma: No, Tres, I don't. I love you and Bryant and Sophie and Luke, and all your cousins the same. I love my family more than anything in the whole wide world.
Tres: Even more than God.
Grandma: No, I love God first, then I love my family.

That small conversation made me take inventory. And I didn't like I what I found. It is WWAAYY to easy to get caught up in family time, obligations, and extracurricular events and neglect the most important relationship I will ever have: The one with my Savior and Friend.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

AMEN!!! Thanks Jamie, I needed that!!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home