Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: My friend, Jesus

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My friend, Jesus

Tres loves Kingdom Kid's at Church. This past Sunday morning our regular Children's Pastors were out of town, and the Missionette's leader filled in. After church, all the kids were running around with sock puppets on that they had made. We got into the car and Tres and I had a fun conversation:

Tres: Momma, do you know Jesus?
Mom: Yes, baby. Jesus lives in my heart.
Tres: I know Jesus, too.
Mom: That's good, baby.
Tres: Momma, when we get home, can me and Daddy and Bryant and Jesus get our picture taken?
Mom: Ummm... sure, Tres.
Tres: {after a pause} Mom, Jesus also lives on my hand. But now, I'm gonna take him off. And now Jesus is laying in my lap.
Mom: {As the lightbulb finally comes on that Jesus is his hand puppet too!} Oh, okay. {Laughing... pausing to call Hank to tell him about Jesus too!}
Tres: {As mom is getting off the phone} MOMMMMM!!!! JESUS'S HAIR CAME OFF!

Later, I related this story to my sister Tonnie (she and my brother-in-law are the children's pastors). She got a kick out of it, and apparently e-mailed the Missionette's leader, Linda. The following is her e-mail back. (SIDENOTE: The Queen is a puppet character.)

" Tres was so funny-before we began on the puppets, each one had to pick a Bible person to make a puppet for. He was the only one who picked Jesus. While each was deciding I was telling them that would have to know a few things about their character so they could introduce him/her to the Queen. Tres told me he didn't know anything about Jesus. I said, sure you do-you could tell the queen where he was born. He said yeah-out in space. I had a good chuckle to myself. He got right up there and did his interview though!! I was proud of him. "

Here is a picture of Tres, with his friend, Jesus! Jesus (the puppet) is currently still bald and missing an eye... but no less fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Haha...I'm so glad you posted this story! I will never look at socks the same way again!

9:29 AM  
Blogger native-nc said...

Yeah-the boys take baths together, I think that is why Zeke likes it so much...anything to be with big bro!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home