Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

I went to the memorial and funeral for Carolyn Tidmore today. It was so sweet and beautiful. They had pictures all over the place. And the place was packed. She definitely impacted many lives. Her son, Matt gave a eulogy. And it made me think. How would I be remembered? How would I have made this world a better place? I think the answer to both is in my kids... the way they love, and accept, and laugh, and live life. The morals they embrace. The songs that they sing.

Carolyn passed away on her son's birthday. And he mentioned that in his eulogy. He said, "I knew my mother for exactly 30 years. She passed away on the anniversary of the day she gave birth to me. And while some may think that that fact would make this day even more sad, it actually is the best birthday I've had. I got to spend it with my mom, in her last moments, as she entered Heaven. It's not good-bye."

Make sure you tell you those near to you how much you love them tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt and Traci said...

Jamie,

Thanks so much for being there for us during this difficult time. You mean the world to us! Love Matt and Traci

7:07 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I can't imagine what they're going through.

On another note... I just caught up on all thats happening with your family. Its funny how when you become a SAHM you seem to be busier (that looks soooo wrong sp) than ever.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home