Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Stitches and Crashes

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Stitches and Crashes

Not a great day today. It started off normal enough. I was cleaning and trying to catch up on laundry, and all of sudden, Bryant runs into the wall. Tres was chasing him and Bryant was looking over his shoulder at Tres and the wall just wouldn't move out of his way! :) So we end up at the pediatrician's office getting two stitches in his head. He did great, and Hank was able to meet me there. Afterwards, I decided since I was out to go ahead and go to Sam's and do some shopping. Then on the way home, I stopped by Crystal's house to see her. She had been on my mind all day, and I didn't haver her phone number with me, so I just decided to stop by and say hey.
The boys were both asleep in the new-to-us van, so I left it cranked and got out and talked to Crystal for a little while on her porch. The boys woke up pretty quickly, and I showed Crystal Bryant's stitches. Then Tres told me that he had to poo-poo. So I got them out of the car. Then I decided to turn it off since we would be a few minutes. So I reached through the open passanger door to get the keys. But before I could reach them, I heard a weird noise, and the car started rolling backwards. It's all a bit of a blur, but I remember screaming to Crystal to get the boys and I tried to find the emergency brake. Then I remember turning around and feeling panic because I saw a tree coming towards me. By this point I was being dragged. I got down low, and sort of dropped and rolled a little. The next thing I know, I'm watching from the ground as the passanger door is crumpled by a tree and the glass shatters. Then the can continues backwards into another tree... about 10-30 feet short of Crystal's neighbor's house. What an experience. Crystal and her mom ! Vickie were life savers. I know I broke down crying... but it's really all very vague. I remember going to get my keys and purse and phone, and looking up at my boys staring at me and the van and not really knowing what to think. At that moment, I didn't care about the stupid van. They weren't in the van by a mere minute, and I'm not exagerating. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord.

Well, we called Hank, and then a wrecker. We got it pulled out of the ditch. It has severe body damage to the passenger side. Amazingly, they got the spare tire on and the fender pulled out enough so that Hank was able to drive it to my dad's shop.

Bryant kept saying the van had a boo-boo. And Tres was very concerned that the toilet paper (the big economy pack we had just bought) was somehow gonna get left behind. Hank was pretty amazing. I thought he would be mad at me, but he was awesome and just made sure we knew he didn't care about the car only about us.

We're trying to decide what to do... file a claim, or just cut our losses so our insurance doesn't go up or drop us, since Hank had a fender bender a couple of months ago. But overall, we just feel very blessed that we are all home, healthy, and happy tonight! Be sure and check Crystal's site for pictures (if she can get blogger to cooperate) and Ms. Vickie's for her version of the drama!

5 Comments:

Blogger dana said...

I am so glad you guys are all ok. I would have been flipping out too. I am glad Hank wasn't concerned about the van, just the saftey of his family... great guy. I am sure you are kinda banged up too, hope you feel better.

6:28 AM  
Blogger native-nc said...

What a stinky afternoon. Thank God no one got hurt!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

you did have an eventful day! I'm glad everyone's okay!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Matt and Traci said...

Oh My Goodness~ I am so glad you all are ok!! That is every Mother's nightmare!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I was wondering where the van went. I am so sorry that your cute van is gone (I think) but I am very glad that your family is safe...always the most important part. Wow you had a rough day!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home