Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Who the heck?

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Who the heck?

Today, the boys and I took my Mom out for a while. We picked her up (she's still on a low dose of pain meds) and took her to Chili's. I was really the one craving it, since I love their lettuce wraps. But Mom is always up for indulging a craving! Although, not too indulgent these days... she's dropped 15 pounds since her surgery and she wants to keep it going. So we split the lettuce wraps and an entree. The boys loved it too! Then we took a trip over to Party City to find some stuff for Tres's fourth birthday. Who the heck said my baby could grow up??? He has made all the decisions about this party... except for the when and where. He picked out a pinata and a Scooby Doo theme. He was also quite adament about having the Scooby Doo table clothe, which Mommy thought was a waste of money. I lost that one. He is so grown up now. He marched around that store like he owned it! He even walked up to one of the employees and asked him where the Scooby Doo party hats were... we didn't find any. I'm honestly a little sad. While I enjoy all the fun 3-4 year old stuff. He is growing more and more independent. When we first got to Chili's today, we were waiting on the hostess to seat us. Tres, Bryant, and Mom sat on a bench just long enough for three. I remained standing talking to them, until my little man stood up and said, "You can sit down, Momma." Again, who the heck said he could grow up?????
I took Mom home after that, since she tires out easier these days. The boys played with their cousins while I helped Mom rested. We waited around to see Grandaddy for a minute... and that turned into a quick swim for the boys while I helped Mom put together a quick dinner.
Fun and full day.

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I take it you are feeling better today!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

when is his birthday/ party?

Our boys are so close in age!!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Feeling better, Crystal!

Tres birthday is September 17th. But I think we are having his party on Friday night the 15th due to conflicts. When is Aiden's?

6:30 AM  
Blogger native-nc said...

Thanks for your prayers! We'll do the same.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home