Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: My Mom- part 2

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

My Mom- part 2

Today was long but good. Jennie (my oldest sister) spent last night with us, to keep her mind off of Mom being in the hospital. She gets super anxious about stuff like that, and two active little boys pulling on her seemed to be just the thing to keep her occupied and smiling!

This morning, Jennie and I headed over to the hospital and sat with my Mom until my Dad got there. We were trying to have someone with her at all times so that when the doctor or nurses passed on any care info, it wasn't just her hearing it. While I was there, I asked her if anything (food wise) sounded good to her, and she told me that Chicken Tortilla Soup did. So once I was relieved, Jennie and I headed to the store, bought ingredients, and went home to make it.

Just as I am finishing that up, Dad calls and says they are on their way home. The doctor had finally come by and released her. She did not receive the best of care, but I am thankful that she is home. We thought we would get the results back on the mass that was removed, but no such luck.

Mom feels stronger today. Although she is still very sleepy and out of it, she is more herself and is even making jokes! She is getting up and down pretty well. She still needs help getting up, and kind of needs a spotter after she is up. But once her pain medicine is lowered, she will be just fine. She won't be able to drive for a couple of weeks, and she won't be able to lift anything over 10 pounds for about 6. But other than that... life should return to relative normal in a week or so!

Once I got Jennie and the soup delivered, I came home, and made another pot of soup for my family. Then the boys, Hank, and I made some Monster cookies. Go to here for the recipe.