Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Singers, writers, and artists! Oh my!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Singers, writers, and artists! Oh my!


We are having such a great time at Estes so far! Last night's concert was phenominal with Chris Tomlis opening, Louis Giglio speaking, and the Crowder band sending us off with a bang! So good! Even after the long trip here... that started at 4 am yesterday... we were still rocking it good last night!! But man did we crash!

Today, we started out with worship with Chris Tomlin (who signed a CD for us), then I went to a Master Writer class to sharpen my song writing skills. Then I rounded out the class portion of the day with a Artist Teaching Concert with Geoff Moore. That was awesome, and very encouraging to me as a songwriter. You see, Geoff doesn't play an instrument and writes awesome music!! Yeah!! It is possible!
Hank and I decided to splurge and went to a quaint, authentically Colorado restaurant called The Dunraven. It was Italian and was delicious. As we were leaving, I look up from zipping my purse, and who do we see standing in the doorway??? STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN! I am SO not kidding. Hank went talked to him and and got his autograph (actually for a friend at work... Hey DonThen we came back and chilled for a while before heading to yet another concert. This time we jammed to Bebo Norman, The Afters, the Isaacs... so so cool. Afterwards, we were talking outside, and take a few minutes to hang out with the Afters. You may know one of their songs, since its on MTV and mainstream... "Beautiful."
Now, we're back at our cabin and the coffee is brewing, and I am about to have a writing session with my friend, Ericka!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

WOW!! You guys are having a blast!

I am so PROUD of you Jamie and also very excited.

May I have you autograph?

9:46 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Looks & sounds like ya'll are having loads of fun! I think D is a bit jealous, he wants to go to Colorado so bad, he would even move us there. :)

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home