Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Dipping Sauce & Love Letters

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dipping Sauce & Love Letters

Yesterday was a great day! I had given the boys a small Valentine's present on Monday night since I am not at home when they wake up. I gave them each one of the Reese's hearts and a balloon. They always come up with the weirdest games with balloons! This time the string was long enough so that they would let them go to our ceiling (20 foot or so) and then get Mom to jump up and get them. They thought this was great fun until Mom collapsed from exhaustion! It was pretty darn good exercize so I did it for a while! :)
After Hank left for work yesterday morning, I called up our across the street neighbors Sam & Conner (and mom Terra) and asked them over to paint Valentine's, eat lunch, and play. We gave them all little bug statues, and they painted those. Then we let them paint a few more things like heart shaped boxed (for grandmothers). After we cleaned them up, they played while we got some lunch ready. Then we ate. After that Terra and I took our first stab at homemade candy. It turned out really good!! Not as firm as it should have been, but so good. It had a peanut butter fudge base with chocolate frosting and Heath bar brickle on top!
After our company left, the boys and I took a nap, then got up and I bathed and dressed them for a date with their Grandparents. My mom and dad took them to see Curious George and then they spent the night!
Hank and I stayed home. I cooked his request, Chicken Spaghetti. I had also looked online and found a recipe for Alfredo Dipping Sauce (like at Olive Garden). So I thought I would try something new. It did not turn out well, but I think I'm gonna try again tonight. I think I know what I did wrong. Then we ate some of the candy while we watched American Idol and Survivor (gotta love TiVo!).
We exchanged love letters too! I love mine. But it's private, so you guys don't get to read it :) He sent it to me via e-mail yesterday afternoon. I gave him his when he came home from work. I printed it out with a fancy font on some resume paper then used the boys paint to add a few accents (which turned out looking like kindergarten art!). It was a great night! And it was so quiet at our house without the boys! This morning, Hank is sleeping late while I work. Then I plan on heading home and getting right back in bed!! Cause I can! And cause it's my birthday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Happy Birthday, JAmie!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Matt and Traci said...

Happy Birthday!

2:28 PM  
Blogger native-nc said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it was great!

It's J's b-day too. : )

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home