Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Westwood Baptist

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Westwood Baptist

So my little family got up and got dressed and headed over to Westwood Baptist Church in Alabaster this morning. A shorter drive. The church is HUGE!! We parked in the visitor spot, and went inside and someone showed us to the nursery. I am not lying! We had to go down an elevator! Both of our boys went into their respective rooms with little fanfare and no crying. Hank and I enjoyed the service. The music was familiar and good. The message was about creating a financial margin. Biblically what belongs to the Lord. I was a little leary when I saw the title of the message. But the pastor surprised me. He was relatively young... 35 or so... and was so open and honest. He even seemed a little nervous. They also announced that starting in February they would be going to small groups for Sunday evening instead of Sunday evening service. Hank and I haven't talked extensively about it. It was a good way to start the hunt for a new church home.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Hhhmmm...It does sound like a nice place. I was thinking about you yesterday, wondering how it went.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home