Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Almost Midnight Mass

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, December 30, 2005

Almost Midnight Mass

Hank and I had decided to attend Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. So after we got the boys to bed, and Santa set up, I looked up at the clock and it was only 10:30! I was exhausted from all the last minute running around, traveling, wrapping, cooking, packing, unpacking, etc. So Hank took pity on this tired Momma, and told me that we could just go and look at the church, pray and head back to bed. So we went to Christ Our King Catholic Church in Nashville. We pulled up and it looked so traditionally Catholic. So beautiful and pristine. It was a cold night, too. So cold that we could see our breath as we trudged up the stairs holding hands. We entered the foyer area, it was so quiet, except for singing. We entered the church to a beautiful rendition of Oh Come All Ye Faithful from the choir loft above our heads. It sounded like a chorus of angels! Hank took me around the church, and showed the beautiful stained glass windows. There were all the stations of the cross and some saints depicted on them. They had a navity set up in one corner. Hank and I walked over, and Hank told me that for as long as he could remember that that navtivity had been set up. I saw a basket sitting next to baby Jesus overflowing with papers. I asked Hank what they were, and he said they were requests and prayers. I found that especially moving. I saw the confessionals and the holy water (which looked kind of unsanitary!). It was all so interesting. We finally sat down on the back pew. I was so tired, and that probably contributed to my emotions, but I sat there thinking about this past year, and all the things I have to be thankful for. And I started thinking of just how much the birth of one amazing little baby boy could continue to effect and impact so many lives. Hank thought I had falled asleep because I sat there so long without moving or speaking. But I was praying. Then we joined hands and left. It was amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home