Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Atchison Family

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Atchison Family

I got a call yesterday morning while I was preparing my family for church. My friends, Dan and Maria, lost their oldest son Josiah. He went to be with our Savior at 12:40 am on Sunday morning. I knew they had had a rough couple of nights, but it was a phone call I had been dreading. I feel so helpless.

I went immediately and checked both Dan's Xanga and Maria's Blog. I didn't make it to Sunday school. I spent the morning praying and crying for this wonderful family.

At church yesterday, there was a Christmas program. At the end, they did 'O Come Let Us Adore Him.' I began to think about Josiah, and how he is actually able to sing that song in the presence of our King! He can laugh, and talk, and run, and play without inhabitions. Thank you God. You are our hope.

Please lift this incredible family up in the days, weeks, and months to come. They are facing a very very rough Christmas season. They have a 2 year old son, Ben, also. Let's hold them up, guys.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad for them too today. I read his blog this morning. My heart goes out to them. I immediately jumped to your blog to see the inspiring words of Jamie B - and once again, you lifted me up. I love the reality of that song, "O come let us adore him" - thank you for sharing that inspiration with me. Love you! -

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home