Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Angel Tree

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Angel Tree

My husband and I took our kids to a birthday party at Chik-fil-A in Alabaster this past Saturday. Sometime in the midst of chasing our kids around and making sure they didn't hurt themselves or others :), Hank picked up an angel off of the Angel Tree. When we got home, I picked a gift we had already purchased for our kids and wrapped it up and put the Angel tag on it. And when I went to Chik-fil-A again yesterday, I picked up another one. I'm finding it addictive. Not that I think a set of blocks will cure the world... but just knowing that because we took the time to pick up an Angel someone would get a present made me feel good. I plan on doing this until their deadline on December 17th. God has been faithful to meet ALL of our needs, and then some. And I believe that this is something God wants us to do... to give. If it will encourage you to do the same, they give you a certificate for a free chicken sandwich when you bring your gift in! :) They are doing the Angel tree at all Chik-fil-A locations.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

thats an awesome feeling you get when you know you're helping someone else... God bless you and your family!

10:50 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Looks like you'll be alot of chicken sandwiches!
It is awesome giving. This year, my extended family are going to sponsor a family, instead of buying presents for each, just for the sake of buying presents. I'm excited about it!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

I love angel tree- always have. Its very special to me. Thanks for doing that with your famiy!

Also Thank you for praying with me. It means a lot to me to know I have prayer warriors on my side. My little one will be covered by the blood of Jesus! I'm now battling sore throat, sickness stuff- but still no blood- so that is good. I spent a lot of time in prayer and thanksgiving last night. Does your music group have a song about Thankfulness? I was trying to come up with every song I knew last night, and ran out! ANYWAY... thanks..
Staci

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home