Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: I Fought The Law...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Fought The Law...

...and the law won. Thursday morning, I was taking Bry to school and got pulled over. I was pretty darn surprised when I saw the lights in my rearview mirror, cause I knew I wasn't speeding. I didn't even know where he came from, to tell the truth. So I pull over. Let me paint you a little picture. I am sporting the latest hair-do... greasy ponytail. I am wearing my favorite pajama pants and a t-shirt with a jacket on over it. Also wearing the latest in flip flop fashion... and no make-up.

He asks me for my driver's license and insurance... so I asked what I had done. He told me that I rolled through a stop sign and that I had endangered the life of my children by doing so. Did I mention that he was about 7-10 years younger than me? No? Well, he was. I furnished my license and was still digging for the most current insurance card... the one in my purse had just expired on 2/28/09 and I knew we had gotten the new ones, but I couldn't remember if I had actually put them in our cars yet. Regardless, he gave me a ticket for rolling through a stop sign and told me he would 'let me slide' on the insurance since my card had just expired. I told him that I was driving a rental car that was covered by my insurance because of an accident, and he just looked at me like, 'yeah, whatever you say lady.'

Now, I wouldn't be ticked at all if I were a 'dangerous' driver. I mean, I haven't had a ticket for at least 5 years... couldn't he have just given me a warning? Come on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

i'm sorry... really i am. there's so many times when I see someone doing something that soooo deserves a ticket and then there are times like this that really just needs a warning!!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home