Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Energy Level: Low

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Energy Level: Low

I feel a little deflated today... wish I looked it! Ha! Seriously. We went to Huntsville Saturday and Sunday for a volleyball tournament. We had a pretty good time, but we didn't finish well in the tournament. I have some changes in mind for that, but we'll see.

We got back home around noon and stopped by our house on the way to get the van since we drove the Camry to Huntsville.Isn't everything so pretty with a nice, white, fresh layer of snow? And the roads were still safe, so all the better!

We went and played with the kids at Mom & Dad's house since they had been waiting on us all morning.We made snow angels... ...built a couple of snow men... (sorry about the blurry pic, but Bry had gotten me and my camera already with a snowball!)...introduced Sophie to the idea of 'so-baw' fights......the boys turned their snow men into a fort......but they weren't expecting an attack from behind from the woman who gave them life!My Dad even made everyone some Snow Cream and the boys loved it!

We decided about 3 or so so load them up and head home to relax a little before heading to Sierra's (my niece) 10th birthday dinner at O'Charley's. Well, I had corralled the boys outside and had Bryant inside the van. Hank had just finished loading our snow wear and the kid's overnight bags into the back of the van and had just closed the back door. With Sophie in my arms, I walked around the front of the van, and just as I got to the front passenger side door, I heard a loud cracking sound and looked up just in time to step back and put Sophie under my arm before half of a dead tree fell onto my van. It busted the back windshield, heavily dented in the passenger side, scratched and dented the top of the van, and put a branch literally through the back bumper.This is the branch that pierced the bumper.We called the cops, but it turns out we don't need an accident report since no one was at fault. So we have a call into the insurance company and are waiting on an adjuster to call us.

After that.... phew... I wanted to go home and go to bed... but we still had to celebrate a certain yound ladies birthday! I can't believe it's been ten years since I first laid eyes on her! Look at how cute!!I just loved, and still love, the idea of being the fun aunt! This pic was taken right around when I graduated college... so wow!Happy Birthday Sierra Miran! I love you! "Sierra Miran... Sierra Miran... She was so tiny, she fit in a turkey pan!" [Sung to the tune of Cruella Deville]

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

So was bry scared to death or what? I'm so glad no one was hurt!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Oh Jamie! I am glad no one was hurt, other than your few scrathes. Atleast you didn't have to go back in the house and tell your mother-in-law that you hit her car in the driveway! Stranger things have happened and I am starting to see them all.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Becca Mae said...

I am so glad everyone is alright. What a crazy day for you. Just rest this week you need it!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sweet baby girl! Double Digits, BABY! Where does the time go? It honestly seems like she was just born and I wasn't getting any sleep (cause the child didn't WANT to sleep until just a few years ago :). I can still see her watching Blues Clues, making up songs for me, and being stuborn (Oh wait, she sitll does that :-) BUT I wouldn't change one thing about my angel! She is a gift from God. Thanks for the post Jam! And I am SOOOO thankful that all of you are ok! All you can do at that is just laugh cause...who'd thought at that moment...30 seconds and you'd been pulled out. Love you bunches! T

8:38 AM  
Blogger Elisha said...

Love the snow pics...glad you got to enjoy it too! We had so much fun:) And the branch!! Oh my goodness, thank God you guys had already stepped away! Glad everyone stayed safe!!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know Bryant was in the van. Scary. I am so glad you guys were not hurt!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home