Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Establishing a Routine

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Establishing a Routine

Ava Sophia achieves this beautiful stick-em-up hair do after her nighttime bath. Doesn't she look precious? Well, yes, I think she does!

Then it's over to see her brothers in their room for a little awake time before lights out.

Gotta get some time in with her daddy! How else is she gonna get him wrapped around her little finger?

Then it's night, night and lights out for us all!


I waited until her check-up to start initiating the routine I did with the boys as far as feedings go. I did 'Baby Wise' with both boys, and had then sleeping through the night by 7-8 weeks. So we started that officially yesterday. Essentially what 'Baby Wise' suggests is making sure your child is awake while they eat, then for some play time, then nap time, with the exception of night feedings. This system is supposed to help regulate their little bodies to our timetable (sleep at night and not during the day!). It's been tough to get her to stay awake... but she's been doing a bit better today.
I know it was probably a fluke, but last night her last feeding was at 10:30 and she didn't wake up until 3:30... and then not until 6:30. I'm just thankful for the rest!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I haven't seen her this week & she has changed so much! More beautiful, is that possible?

9:17 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

people ask me all the time how I do it... my response everytime is you gotta have a routine! you'll get in a groove and it will work for you.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Delaney said...

Aunt Jamie,
I like the new look of your blog. Where did you get the template? I want to change mine.
Delaney

12:28 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

She is adorable, Jamie. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful pictures.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home