Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Hank's Birthday

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Hank's Birthday

The boys and I had so much fun planning Daddy's birthday this year. Hank's not much for big events, and prefers low-key stuff. So while we were out running birthday errands, Tres, Bryant, and I stopped by the station to give Daddy birthday cards and small surprises at work.The boys always enjoy going to the station! Daddy lets them visit the 'robot' (or the remote controlled camera) when they come most of the time. This time was no different! Bryant thinks it's really a robot and constantly talks to it. He says things like, "Don't get me robot!" We put the boys on the 'green screen' too... or the weather wall. Then we got a birthday picture with daddy and the manequin in the hall and headed out to finish our errands. The boys and I spent the afternoon baking a cake. Hank had mentioned a specific icing that his sister, Jackie, makes, so I called and got the recipe. My Mom agreed to watch the boys so I could take Hank out to dinner. I was planning on taking him to Ezell's, a new catfish place, but he chose Del Toro! So we ate there, then headed back to my parent's house to have cake, homemade chocolate ice cream (courtesy of my Mom!), and coffee. Can you see the Dove candies on top of the cake? There's a story behind those. When Hank and I were dating, he used to get this candy off of one of my co-workers desk and then he would tape one of the wrappers, which has little messages on the inside, to my computer screen signed with an 'H.' I used the wrappers from the candy to make him a card.

We had lots of fun! I got Hank a new CD player for his car. Tres picked him out a Star Wars GameCube game, and Bryant got him a CD.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home