Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Our 'RESTFUL' Sunday

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, July 02, 2007

Our 'RESTFUL' Sunday

Sunday morning started for me sometime between 4:30 and 5 am. I started experiencing cramping. That happens sometimes, so I thought it would pass. I stayed in bed with my legs up until about 7:30, when I knew that it should have passed. I got up and called the Nurse Hotline and got dressed. I was expecting them to tell me to drink water, get my feet up, yada, yada, yada. But instead they told me to come right in.

A quick phone call to my parents and we were out the door with our two sleepy, pj-clad little boys. We met my dad at the next exit and transferred the kids.

We were at the hospital by about 8:45. They sent me back to a familiar little room, where I had spent a BUNCH of time during all those trips for false labor when Bryant was due! The nurse checked by vitals and I gave them a urine sample. Then she came back and checked me. She wasn't surprised (but I was) to find I was already dialated 1 cm. But that is apparently normal the more children you have. Cervix is still thick and I'm still 'high and tight' as she said. These are all good things seeing as I'm somewhere between 31-33 weeks. She needs more cooking time! The baby's heartbeat was strong, and she kept kicking the monitor and making us jump at the loud noise! :)

Anyway, they thought I was dehydrated, so they brought in a can of Sprite and a pitcher of water and gave Hank instructions to refill it every time I emptied it. I didn't think I was dehydrated, but I started drinking. Why is it when someone tells you to drink something it goes down harder? I drank that Sprite and THREE pitchers of water. I did enjoy picking the pitcher up and shaking it at Hank (or my little cabana boy) every time I needed a refill! Hey, you gotta take joy in the simple things in life! :)

Hank made me laugh a lot during this trip to the L & D. He kicked back in the chair in the room like he was making himself at home.He quickly found a movie to watch and said, "What is it about this chair that makes me want to go to sleep?"

After all of that... and several billion trips to the bathroom... the nurse came in a told me I had a... {DRUMROLL PLEASE} bladder infection. So after a shot of antibiotics and a prescription we were out of there by 11. Not too bad.

I did react a little funny to the shot though. Since it was on an empty stomach, and because they had to mix it with a pain killer of some sort... I started getting shakey and spacey! Hank took me to eat, which helped. But I barely remember stopping to get the kids or the ride home. I crashed at home for about 2 hours after that hard. But I feel much better today!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

i remember those trips... oh what fun!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Ok, seriously no more of that because that freaks me OUT!!!! How far does the ultrasound say you should be? I know you think you are longer but shouldn't the ultrasound be able to tell?

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home