Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Huh... my name is... huh... my name is

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, July 29, 2005

Huh... my name is... huh... my name is

No it's not Slim Shady.... I was thinking when I was on lunch break about my name for some reason. I remember when I was in elementary school, there were a ton of Jamie's. All of the girl's names were spelled J-A-I-M-E... but not me, no sir! I had the masculine spelling, or at least that's what I thought. Then when I was in high school, my mom told me how they chose my name. Are you ready for this?

I was named after the Bionic Woman (character Jamie played by Lindsay Wagner), and Princess Leia from Star Wars which was in theatres when she was pregnant with me. My parents mis-spelled my middle name, so it became Leah (lee-ah).

Dad picked Tonnie's name out. He said he knew a girl in high school named Tawnie and like it, so they changed the spelling and went with it. I don't know about you ladies, but if my husband suggested we name our kid after an old girlfriend, I would NOT be receptive! Ha!

Do you know where your name came from?

4 Comments:

Blogger prftpeace said...

I was named after all the Deborah's that were movie stars in the 50's.

Debbie Reynolds/Deborah Kerr/etc...

12:50 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

It's so funny you are asking this because I just e-mail Tiffany my name story.
My middle name is Dawn.
Crystal Dawn...So I am a Clear Sunrise! hehe
My Mom wanted to name me Misty Dawn....How tacky is that? It sounds like a mixed drink or something. The only good thing my biological dad ever did for me was to name me Crystal. I was named after the country singer Crystal Gayle. You know the one that has hair down to her ankles. I'm not crazy about the name Crystal, but it is a heck of a lot better than Misty.

So that's my name story.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

All I know is, is that my Dad named me. He was in the Marines during World War II. My mothers due date was Sept 10th and my Dad was to be released on the 15th. My Mom told the doctor that I would not be born until my Dad came home. He was released and came home on the 15th and I was born the 17th. I know that was more than you asked for; I just think it's cool.
Another thing, I still like the name Misty Dawn!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

i'm named after Nicole from general hospital... at least i think thats the soap she was on. my aunts name was beverly so that explains my first name... yep i said FIRST name... it was Beverly Nicole White.. but now i'm just Nicole White Brock.

Jessica is named after her dad.

Darcy is a name taken from a song by the dropkick murphys called dirty glass... our first date we saw them in concert in Atlanta. One part of the song says you bit off more than you could chew the first day you met me... i love that part :)

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home