Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: All State Youth Choir

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, July 22, 2005

All State Youth Choir

Last night the Alabama All-State Youth Choir came to sing at my home church (CLC). It was great! It totally took me back to that time in my life to sit there and watch those teenagers sing their hearts out, listen to testimonie, etc, etc, etc. What was really cool... the director this year was Haley (Spates) Mims. She was my packing partner one of the five years I did All State! And one of my really good friends since we were 15 or so. I was so proud of her! She did such a phenominal job, like she was born to do it!

I was just sitting there, so thankful for that ministry. I have so many terrific memories. I learned how to minister... I found confidence as a singer... I found a deeper connection to my Savior.

Sitting there last night, took me totally back to 'camp days.' To evening services, and summer romances. To Bible studies, and prank wars. To banquet night and sweating in dress clothes while waiting in the cafeteria lines. Emotional alter calls... receiving my prayer language. Making lifelong friendships (Kelly Willis, Haley Spate, Sherra Stone, Jennifer Russell, Janna Johnson,etc)... the list could go on and on. Tonnie met her husband through All-State.

I am so very thankful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home