Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: License to Sass!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, June 16, 2005

License to Sass!

So I got up this morning and took a shower... got ready very quickly... got both boys ready with the help of my wonderful husband.... loaded them up and took Bryant to Valerie's then headed into work. Once there, I got the guys out the door and did some work... invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll.... then I went and put on what I like to call "Sunday" make-up and touched up my hair.
I got Tres out of his PJ's and into a cute outfit. Then we loaded up and headed to the good old DMV. It is time ladies and gentlemen, for a driver's license renewal. Yes, that all important day when you must have a picture taken that will stay with you for 4 years. So I pull into the parking lot and find a front row spot... things looking good so far. I get Tres unstrapped, and load my purse up with 3 Buzz toys and his juice and a snack (always be prepared!). And just as I'm about to swing open the door to the building, I notice a handwritten sign proclaiming the following good news: "Computer Off-Line! No Driver's License Issued Today." My heart sinks. I was prepared gosh darn it! I looked pretty decent, I got there before the lunch crowd, I even had snacks!! I had to renew the tags for the Camry, so I went in anyway. After getting that done, I head to the information desk.
I ask the lady sitting at the desk, "Do you have any idea when the computer may be back on line to renew driver's licenses?"
She stares at me blankly. I pause thinking she maybe didn't hear me, but I can tell by the way she is looking at me that she heard me.
"Excuse me," I say, "I can't interpret a blank stare."
"We don't know."
"My license expires today. What happens if I get pulled over or something?"
"You get a ticket," she says as she smacks her gum. "You can come back tomorrow if you want."
"Will the computer be on-line then?"
"No telling."
Thanks for the VERY helpful information DMV lady. You shed light on so many areas for me. You brought understanding to my little ignorant world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

well alright DMV lady go on with yo at-ti-tude!! snap!snap!

10:00 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

You crack me up...."I can't interpret a blank stare" HAHAHAHAHA

10:53 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Those people aren't very friendly. I had to go in there a few months back to renew my tag... there was NO LINE!! So of course I walk right up with a big ole smile and said "wow, i've never been in and out of here in under 10 minutes" I was hoping for some sort of smile or something but I got this evil look! I tried to make friendly conversation but failed everytime.... i think thats one of the requirements.... must be able to give attitude 24/7!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home