Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: The Evil Minister... I Mean Emporer... Zurg!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, October 01, 2004

The Evil Minister... I Mean Emporer... Zurg!

I took my 2-year-old son to a wedding a couple of weekends ago, thinking there would be child-care. Since there wasn't, I made sure he had some toys to occupy him and sat close to the back, so I could make a quick get-a-way. Everything was fine at first. He tried to sing along with his Aunt Kelly, and tried counting candles (until he hit 4 or 5 and forgot his numbers), and then he turned his attention to his toy Spiderman (a gift from his brother Bryant for his birthday). The bridesmaids walked down the aisle, and the songs had been sung. Then the minister (Pastor Cox) came out in his officiant robe. When Tres noticed him, he looked very alarmed. He climbed into my lap and started saying (rather loudly) "Momma, it's Zurg! It's Zurg, Momma!" Zurg is the "bad guy" in Toy Story. He's Buzz Lightyear's enemy. And Buzz is one of Tres's favorite heros right now. Needless to say, we had to leave the ceremony, but not before we got a few laughs from the back row!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home